Have you ever wished that your hair was more manageable? Softer? Smoother? Had more shine?
The Village Salon offers a variety of smoothing hair treatments including Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System and New Hair System.
Which Smoothing Treatment is Right for You?
|Name of Treatment||Description||Best For...|
|Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment||This revolutionary smoothing system infuses keratin deep into the hair cuticle, eliminating up to ninety-five percent of frizz and curl and leaving the hair smooth, shiny and luxurious.||Frizzy, unruly or damaged hair.|
|Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair||Customized smoothing for blonde and fragile hair||Frizzy, unruly or damaged hair.|
|Express Blow Out||The speedy smoothing solution that delivers smoother hair without the wait||All hair types|
|Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System||Our newest treatment innovation, offering same-day styling with zero downtime||Highly textured hair, straight or curly, damaged|
|New Hair System||A non formaldehyde system that delivers the same great results.||Curly or straight unruly|
Keratin Smoothing Therapy FAQs
- What is keratin?Keratin is a protein found naturally in skin, hair and nails, in addition to other sources. In human hair, it acts both as an external protective shield and an internal structural protein. Keratin is the first thing depleted when hair is damaged physically, chemically or from environmental factors such as the sun.
- What does keratin do?Keratin Complex’s signature keratin is comparable to the keratin present in human hair. When used in product formulations, keratin helps condition, strengthen, revitalize and repair damage. Keratin gives the hair shine, elasticity and a more youthful, healthy appearance.
- What is the difference between the Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment and the Keratin Express Blow OutKeratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment was created especially for frizzy, curly texture and is effective on all hair types. It is a revitalizing and rejuvenating treatment that seals keratin into the cuticle to lock out frizz-causing humidity and reduce curl. One treatment gives long-lasting results for up to five months and requires a 72-hour waiting period post-treatment.
Our newest smoothing treatment, the Keratin Express Blow Out, is a unique, one-hour service that gives the hair a softer, smoother and silkier texture for up to six weeks. Hair can be washed after just eight hours. The Keratin Express Blow Out is perfect for all hair types.
- What causes frizz?
Healthy hair contains proteins (including keratin), water and lipids that work to moisturize and keep strands strong and smooth. With age and damage due to sun and environmental exposure, the hair loses some of these vital components, making it drier and more porous. To compensate, the hair absorbs excess moisture from the air (especially in high-humidity environments), causing the cuticle to swell and thus, producing frizz.
Keratin Complex products and services replenish keratin to help seal the cuticle and prevent humidity from entering the hair.
Smoothing Therapy Treatments
- What is a Smoothing Therapy treatment?Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatments are professional smoothing treatments powered by our signature keratin. All treatments are performed in-salon by a professional stylist. Smoothing Therapy treatments repair damage and breakage, reduce frizz, curl and unruly fly aways, and make the hair smoother and healthier-looking. They also prevent humidity, the main cause of frizz, from impacting the hair. After a Smoothing Therapy treatment, it’s easier to achieve a flawless blowout at home: The hair is more manageable, blow-drying becomes quicker and easier, and daily styling time is significantly reduced.
- What happens during a Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatment?Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatments utilize a simple, four-step process. Your stylist will first use a special deep-clarifying shampoo to prepare the hair for treatment and to remove residue and buildup resulting from previous hair care products. Next, the selected smoothing treatment is applied; the hair is blow-dried and then flat ironed, sealing in the treatment for a smooth, silky finish. Steps may vary depending on the service performed.
- Do Keratin Complex keratin treatments straighten the hair?
Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy treatments are not straightening treatments. Smoothing Therapy treatments reduce curl patterns in curly, wavy or unruly hair, thus providing a straightening effect without permanently changing the structure of the hair. In addition to being easier to maintain after treatment, your hair will have the versatility to be styled curly, wavy or straight as desired.
It is important to discuss your goals with your stylist to understand the overall results you can expect to achieve with a Smoothing Therapy treatment.
- How long will my treatment results last?Treatment longevity may vary depending on the selected treatment, your individual lifestyle, and your at-home maintenance regimen. Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment and Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair deliver results that last up to five months; Express Blow Out results last up to six weeks; and Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System results last up to three months. Consistent use of Keratin Complex keratin-enhanced products, including our collection of sodium chloride-free and sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners, will help prolong the results of your treatment.
- When can I shampoo after a Keratin Complex treatment?To promote the longest-lasting results, Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment and Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair require a 72-hour waiting period before shampooing. After an Express Blow Out treatment, we recommend a waiting period of at least eight hours before shampooing.
You may extend the waiting period if desired after Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment, Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Blonde Hair or Express Blow Out without affecting your results. You may also use dry shampoo at any time during the waiting period to absorb excess oil, remove odors, and refresh hair and scalp.
There is no waiting period after Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System. You may shampoo, condition and style as desired after treatment.
Your stylist will recommend the best treatment for you based on your lifestyle, hair type and desired results.
- What if my hair gets wet during the waiting period?
If your hair gets wet in the waiting period following a Smoothing Therapy treatment, simply blow-dry and flat iron on low heat as soon as possible.
There is no waiting period following the Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System treatment; if your hair does get wet after treatment, it will not impact your results.
- How soon before or after a treatment can I color or lighten my hair?Hair may be lightened or colored on the same day that a Smoothing Therapy treatment is performed. Your stylist will make the proper recommendation and provide additional information during your consultation. If you choose to have color applied after the treatment, we recommend waiting at least two weeks.
Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System FAQs
- What is the Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System?The Glycolic formula is a system that features the key ingredient glycolic acid to penetrate the cuticle, providing enhanced protection against frizz and increased softness and manageability. This three-part, synergistic smoothing system combines advanced glycolic technology with keratin to rejuvenate and defend the hair against breakage resulting from previous chemical relaxing, thermal styling, coloring, decolorizing, and mechanical manipulation.
New Hair Treatment FAQs
- What is the New Hair SystemThe New Hair System is a non formaldehyde system that delivers unique breakage control, intense hydration and outrageous shine and damage repair to split ends. It produces a controlled release of active substances that bypasses the outer layers of the cuticle and penetrates the hair from the inside out. The result is “new hair” for a long time and protection from harsh treatments and hot tools.